Sunday, April 1, 2018

Finishing Filming

    After the bathroom scene we only had a couple more shots to shoot. At this point it's already getting darker out so we know we could do those scenes next. But, the first scene we filmed next was a shot back in the beginning which is Juan first entering the house and seeing the bedroom door open. For this scene I Googled something again, this time I looked up what policemen usually say when entering a home. We did this because I love the feeling of realism in horror. The best horror is when it relates to life because the scariest things is what's around us not what we imagine. Especially with this concept being a break-in and that could happen to anyone. So, Juan came into the house saying "This is Broward Police Department if you're in the house make yourself known." That came out great, we then filmed him walking around and I used again: medium shots and over the shoulder shots.
    After that scene, it was finally dark out so we filmed what is the closing shot of the opening: Matthew leaving. I knew exactly what I wanted for this shot and used a long shot for this one because it makes the scene feel more creepy. Just watching the murderer calmly and slowly walking away from a crime scene where he had just killed two people, it's a real and scary shot. Matthew was very cooperative and knew exactly what I was asking for so this shot came out great. We then finished the night off filming Juan first approaching the door to the apartment which is ajar. For this I used over the shoulder and relied on the rule of thirds so I had space in the shot for credits as for this is a film opening. I used the rule of thirds throughout the beginning scenes for that very reason, also because it looks great. After that Matthew left because he had finished his part and Juan only needed the last shot which was him in the car and walking away from the cop car. We used Matthews car for when Juan was in it and then when he left I cut it and we went to the cop car that usually sits outside of my building and filmed in front of it. This scene we filmed relatively quick because the cop car was sketching us out. After that Juan left and I had finished filming! It really was a fun experience and I loved making this opening.

No comments:

Post a Comment