Friday, March 30, 2018

Filming the first scenes

    So, from the last blog post you know that we started filming the indoor scenes first before the outdoor ones because it wasn't dark yet. The first scene we filmed was Juan the cop entering my bedroom and discovering the body in the bathroom. My goal for this scene was to create suspense and a dark tone to hopefully make the audience feel the anxiety and tension of the scene. Juan was very cooperative and had some great ideas that we could incorporate into this scene, so it wasn't hard at all working with him. I filmed him entering the room from about four different shots and angles. I used close-ups, medium shots, over the shoulder shots, and a simple pan shot of him walking. I chose these shots and angles because they were the easiest shots to capture the action in the little light we had. I actually had another flashlight on besides the one Juan was using in the film to get better lighting. I didn't point the light directly at Juan because it would take away from the suspense of the scene and make it seem more fake than it was. So I had the light on but I pointed it down at and angle so we got some light on Juan but not too much to make it look phony, I actually think it came out quite naturally in this scene.
    Although this was not a perfect shoot and we did mess up a couple times. There actually is a notice able mess up in the film that I will try to cover up with editing. But, I noticed it while filming the first scene but once we got into the second I completely forgot about it due to how much fun we were having setting it up. The mess up for some won't seem like a big deal but for me it's just a little frustrating in editing. So, in the first scene I have him walk towards the chair while clearing the bedroom and the next shot would be him going to the bed and checking under it. Well we filmed him clearing the room but I forgot to film him moving away from that corner so I know in the middle of that scene there will be a jump cut from him in the corner to now next to the bed looking under it. Hopefully my editing skills come in handy and I can clean up that scene. Now that we finished the first scene; here comes the fun part. Getting Matthew bloodied up and in the bathtub.

No comments:

Post a Comment