Sunday, March 11, 2018

Some Research

    Ok, so I've been researching the true stories about those movies I am getting information from (The Strangers and Wolves at the Door). What I learned is absolutely sick, and I love it! These stories will really help me come up with ways to scare the audience and really draw attention to the first two minutes of my film. A cool idea I derived from The Strangers is to have the tormentors wearing masks. I think it's a really easy way to get a good thrill out of the audience because nobody wants to think about a creepy guy with a mask breaking into their house and tormenting them. Although, my opening will not be graphic and it will be school friendly although it will still be just as terrifying. I also thought of a great idea to open the opening. So, since we're going to have to film at my apartment (which isn't a house) I need to "tell" the audience it's in a house. To do this, I will have the very first shot be blank, just a black screen. The date will slowly fade onto the screen "month year date" not sure what I want the exact date to be. But yes, that will happen then as it fades out we hear a scream, when we hear the scream it cuts directly to a shot of a house (I'm telling the audience where we are) and the camera will move towards the door, transition and boom! We're in the "house." So that's what I got for plot and those movies and stories really helped because they let me see the best ways to create the suspense and it helped me see the thought process of some of the directors and what the best choices would be.


The Strangers inspired story : http://horrorfreaknews.com/fact-fiction-strangers-real-stories-inspired-film

Wolves at the Door : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4670016/plotsummary

No comments:

Post a Comment