Sunday, March 4, 2018

GENRE

    Hi! I'm back, and with a decision on my genre too. So since my last blog post I took time to really sit down and think about what genre I would like my opening to be. I discussed with you the top three choices that I had on my mind which were: horror, action, or drama. Well I decided to do horror. Now, let me explain to you the reasons why. For one, I've done horror films before, I love the element of fear and I believe I can do really well and be able to get some scares within the two minutes that I have. I will probably rely on darkness techniques and suspense to set the tone and mood of what the opening will be. I have some idea of what the plot and characters will be but it's not very set in stone yet because I still need some time to brainstorm on that.
    So, as for the target audience of this genre it ranges from ages 17 and up. Which I feel it needs to be because with a genre like horror it's difficult for younger audiences to enjoy the film without crying and wanting to leave. Right now, what my plan is, is to have the idea for what the film opening will actually be by my next blog post. I don't want to work on a thousand things at once just so I don't overwhelm myself and start stressing out about this project. Slow and steady wins the race, as they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment